Regardless of cyber-attacks, the security of a PC is often compromised by local third-party intrusions as well. So do you really what to know how to remove a password on Windows 10 that is prompted at every startup and can help tremendously in such cases? Alternatively you can learn how to change your password on Windows 10. For everything else you can use apps like AdwCleaner or other antivirus programs. You can find a selection of award-winning software solutions that unerringly block sources of danger from the internet in our store.
First, however, it is worthwhile to take basic measures. This includes either adjusting, changing or removing your Windows 10 password. Especially if the old password has existed for ages or is used in other places. A little forethought can save you some headaches. In the case of extremely sensitive data, you can even protect folders with a password.
Accordingly, the first thing you should know is what steps you can take to customize or change your password on Windows 10.
How to Change Password on Windows 10:
Using a Microsoft account is becoming more and more mandatory when installing Windows. This brings its own advantages and disadvantages, but at the same time ensures that the account management of the operating system is in a different place than in previous versions. This is the only place where you can actually get on how to change a password on Windows 10.
- Open the general settings of Windows. There are several ways to do this: Either click on the gear icon in the Start menu or press the Windows logo key + I.
- In the selection, choose Accounts and then the Logon Options tab on the left.
- Clicking on the Password section should bring up the Change button.
- If you are using a local account, just enter your old password and in the next step the new one, including the hint. That’s it.
- If you have a linked Microsoft account, the wizard will connect to the company’s servers. Follow the instructions. This may include entering your Microsoft PIN, current Windows 10 password, and an identity check. Finally, you can change your password.
Note: If you change this password as described in the last step, the login to other Microsoft products will also change in the future. This includes logging in to Microsoft Office, for example.
Automatic Login: How to Remove Password on Windows 10
If you are pretty sure that only trusted people have access to your PC or laptop, this would be an alternative. The start screen is simply skipped, the password field remains empty. This saves a lot of time in the long run. We show you where this option is hidden. Here is how to remove a password on Windows 10:
- Start the Run command, for example, by using the Windows logo key + R combination.
- Enter netplwiz into the text field. A new window opens, which provides you with advanced settings regarding your user accounts.
- Select the account whose Windows 10 password you want to remove. Then uncheck the box in front of Users must enter username and password.
- After confirmation, you will be prompted to type your current password twice for security. The OK button completes the process and saves your changes. Done.
Now you know how to remove or change a password on Windows 10. Want to get the most out of your accounts? In addition to taking steps to customize your Windows 10 password, you could change your username at the same time. Or activate an administrator account. Our guides will also help you if you want to create a new user. Nothing stands in the way of a successful management of your accounts.